Physician-Led Office Helps You Capitalize on Untapped Potential
One of Eastern Europe's most promising clinical trial environments
- Staffed office since 2002
- Country manager is an MD and has an MS in Medicine (see our sidebar for more)
- Staff also includes Cardiologist, Pediatrician, Surgeon and Pharmacists
Pharm-Olam’s Been Leading in Ukraine since 2002
The Whole Healthcare Story
Holes in the system allow for strong research potential.
- State-funded healthcare often only covers basic medical care
- 35.2 per 10,000 physician-to-patient ratio is higher than the US & others
- Facilities & standard of care are sometimes lower than global standards & patients often have long wait times for advanced care
- Private insurance is on the rise, but very expensive
Motivated & Primed Patient Populations
Familiar patient profiles and lack of access equals higher recruitment rates.
- Average life expectancy = 70.9 years
- Top five causes of death: coronary artery disease, stroke, HIV/AIDS, Liver Disease & Lung Cancer
- Only 15% of patient enrollment potential is currently used
- 3x higher recruitment rates than US & EU
- Patients do not have ready access to modern drug treatments
- Large primary care & hospital systems support high numbers of potential patients & can accommodate multiple sites under one roof
Well-Defined Contracting Process & Streamlined Approvals
Ukraine clinical trials legislation is completely harmonized with respective Directives, Guidelines and Bylaws of the European Union.
- Recognized as the most advanced of all Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries
- RA & LECs submissions are done in parallel
- All approvals are obtained within 57 calendar days. No other study approvals are required.
- Start-up can be achieved in 12-16 weeks total, comparable to most EU countries
Saving You Time, Money & More
Low cost structure means average cost savings per patient is 28 % lower than in Western Europe and 47 % than in the UK
- Further reduce clinical trial expenditures by using local Ukrainian CROs and labs that Pharm-Olam contracts with in each region
- Tap the knowledge of local experts in guiding the application through the approval process
- Seek support from local staff who have experience in working with regulators in order to gain customs clearance
- We train sites during investigator meetings and site evaluation visits to ensure adherence to study protocols