A Tried & True Clinical Research Choice
Your trials are supported by 20 years of the on-the-ground experience.
- Staffed office in Warsaw since 1995
- Over 20 years of experience conducting trials in the country
From Pharm-Olam's Voices on the Ground
Strategic Location with Streamlined Processes
So you benefit from a regulatory environment that is standardized & predictable.
- East-Central European country with population of 40 million
- Legal and administrative framework of EU Directive on Clinical Trials was enacted in 2004
- Easy and quick transfer of study supplies
Predictable Patient Profile, but in Greater Numbers
Similar traits ensue, but many more patients able & willing to participate.
- Greater motivation for Polish patients to enroll vs. mature Western European markets
- Access to national health system is limited & medications are expensive
- Free drugs, diagnostic testing & procedures are harder to access, especially when stage of the disease matters with oncology & transplant treatments among the top motivators
Less Trials Overall Means More Opportunity for You
Get your treatments to market in a viable but underused market.
- Between 2013 and 2014, trials decreased approximated 10% due to competition from new emerging markets, including Asia
- Poland boasts high, rapid recruitment rates in nearly all therapeutic indications
- Data used for the Successful FDA/EMA approval in: ABSSSi (2 IMP), Angina, Asthma, Cervical Dystonia, Crohn's Disease, Hospital Acquired Pneumonia, Migraine, Post-Surgical Pain, Premature Ejaculation, Pulmonary Hypertension, Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Rhinitis (perennial), and Urinary Incontinence
Experienced Staff, Expert Investigators
Benefit from an active, but not saturated, Latin American trial market.
- Investigator network is highly experienced, maximizing efficiency and ensuring compliance
- Full-time Regulatory Specialist (Director, Regulatory Affairs) on site is a PhD, MD, & Pediatrician and has been with Pharm-Olam since 1995
- On-site Director of Project Management is an MD with 17 years of clinical experience and with Pharm-Olam since 2001
- Staff includes ENT, Pediatricians, Neurologist, Urologist, GPs and Pharmacists