A Leading CRO in Latin America’s Largest Trial Market
Endless opportunity for clinical research success
- Staffed office since 2006
- Clinical Operation Manager with 14 years progressive clinical trial experience, including six years of dedicated service to Pharm-Olam International (see more in the sidebar!)
- Continually expanding South American presence
Additional Resources & Thought Leadership About Conducting Trials in Latin America
Diverse Patient Population in Need of Treatment
Concentrated, heterogeneous populations afflicted with different diseases.
- Large urban population (85.7% of total population as of 2015); high density of population in urban areas
- Patient population naïve and unexposed to modern pharmaceutical treatments, willing to participate in clinical trials, rapid enrollment and retention, patient adherence to compliance for the duration of the trial
- Heterogeneous population: presence of White, Black, Asian and Indigenous peoples
- Incidence of many types of disease including cancers, HIV, obesity, and rare diseases
Exceptional Pool of Facilities
Study sites and researchers alike are held to the highest standards.
- Experienced physicians, many having completed doctoral work in the U.S. or Europe
- Staff trained in compliance with ICH/GCP principles
- Open market for international pharma: 42% of trials conducted by universities, public institutions, academic centers, and other independent researchers
- Latin America has the second highest percentage of inspections with no action indicated
Established Clinical Trial Territory
Benefit from an active, but not saturated, Latin American trial market.
- Brazil accounts for nearly one-third of all trials in the region
- Home to development and research centers recognized globally for their sophistication
- Number of hospital beds per capita in Brazil is higher than in North America
- Fourteen Brazilian laboratories certified by the College of American Pathologists