First in Europe, Second in the World
So You Know Your Trial Will Run Efficiently & Effectively
- Staffed office since 2004
- Country Manager is a biochemist with extensive clinical research experience and over a decade of service to Pharm-Olam International
- Dedicated in-house Regulatory Manager
- Very low staff turnover
- A good mix of well experienced staff as well as newcomers in the industry
- Pharm-Olam is a proud member of BeCRO, the Belgian Association of CROs
Connected, Accessible Patient Population
Patients are available, urban-concentrated and highly connected.
- Urban population is 97.9% of total population as of 2015
- Three official languages: Dutch, French, German
- Low infant mortality rate: 3.41 deaths/1,000 live births
- 9.5 million Internet Users, percent of population: 84.7% (2014 est.)
A World Leader for Clinical Trials
Established sites boast excellent track records for successful studies.
- Over 400 clinical trials performed in Belgium each year
- More than 170,000 Belgian patients participate in Phase II and III trials each year
- In 2014, 1,500 clinical trials ran in Belgian with more than 270 Pediatric studies
- Top domains of research include Oncology, Cardiovascular, Central Nervous System diseases & Respiratory
Abundant Resources, Expeditious Processes
Belgium boasts a ready-made infrastructure for your trial.
- Experienced, educated healthcare provides support an R&D intensive culture
- Short approval timelines are respected
- Highly qualified & competent authorities & ethics committees
What Our Clients Say
Timelines achieved and open communication
"Senior Management and Pharm-Olam teams were available and remained flexible at all times, responding quickly to all requests to ensure customer expectations were met throughout the study."
- Associate Director, Clinical Operations