Physician-Led Office Helps You Capitalize on Untapped Potential
- Staffed office in country since 2005
- Clinical Operations Manager is an MD and qualified Pediatrician Surgeon (see sidebar for more!)
- Clinical staff includes allergist, PhD cardiologist, gastroenterologist, gynecologist, PhD pediatrician, surgeon, professional translators
- Full-time regulatory/logistic specialist
Additional Resources & Thought Leadership About Conducting Trials in Belarus
Favorable Recruitment Conditions Yield High Enrollment Rates
Patients are urban-concentrated and highly motivated.
- Urban population is 1.8 million, or 76.7% of total population as of 2015
- Care is provided in regional clinics and republic centers in urban areas
- Rural patients are referred to urban centers for further consultation and treatment as necessary
- Well-equipped Republic Centers with a rich database and experienced specialists
Large Segment of Patient Population Unexposed to Modern Treatment
High percentage of patients have not benefited from state-of-the-art treatments.
- Accessible, rich databases of modern-treatment-naïve patients
- Extensive referral networks emanating from large scientific centers
- National Health Service (NHS) coverage only available for low-cost, domestic pharmaceuticals
- Patients opting for imported, branded products must pay out of pocket
Favorable Cost Structure Relative to Other Regions
Infrastructure, emerging market status make Belarus a viable option.
- Most of the experienced sites are concentrated in Minsk or in regional centres that are only 200-300 km far from Minsk
- Most CRAs live in Minsk and cover Minsk sites or work within a 300 km radius of Minsk, minimizing travel costs
- Country not saturated with competing trials
- Relatively quick, low-fee approval process
- Clear RA submitting/approval process, good relationships with RA, custom, couriers and other vendors experienced in clinical trials
- Using Experienced Internationally Licensed IP Vendors (storehouse)
Large Pool of Qualified Physicians
Let educated, experienced, English-speaking clinicians guide your study.
- 4.9 physicians per 1,000 patients (double that of U.S.)
- Many motivated to serve as Principal Investigators
- Medical staff versed in Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and FDA/EMA requirements
- Experience in working with local Ethics Committees