Frequently Asked Questions
What are the general responsibilities of a clinical trial investigator?
An investigator ensures that a study is conducted according to the:
- Pertinent regulations
- Executed investigator statement
- Investigational plan
A few other key investigator responsibilities are to:
- Ensure the protection of study participants’ rights, safety and welfare
- Control and be accountable for study drugs
- Obtain an informed consent for each study participant
What qualifications are needed to become a clinical trial investigator?
Physicians are screened by education, training, and experience prior to assuming responsibility for the proper conduct of a study. You do not need to be associated with a medical school or teaching hospital and no previous investigator experience is needed to qualify.
How do I know if my site is a good fit to conduct a clinical trial?
If your site meets the criteria below, you may be a good fit and are encouraged to register and create a profile. It is helpful if your site has:
- Ample time and available staff to meet study commitments
- The patient population available to meet enrollment goals
- Enough available space to properly store investigational products and study supplies
- Access to a Central and/or Local Ethics Committee or Institutional Review Board
- An understanding of the budget and compensation models necessary to participate
Why consider becoming a clinical trial investigator?
By conducting clinical trials you:
- Can offer patients new treatments and access to therapies that may only be available through participation in clinical trials
- Benefit from the increased recognition as a thought leader within your professional community
- Remain at the cutting edge of your specific area of therapeutic interest
What happens when I am selected to be a clinical trial investigator with Pharm-Olam?
If you are selected to participate in a trial, a member of our Pharm-Olam team will contact you to coordinate a phone call or pre-evaluation to confirm your suitability. He or she will provide you with an essential study document checklist and some other materials. You will also be invited to participate in a feasibility (eFQ) and/or site identification assessment to verify your interest and suitability.